Monday, May 23, 2011

Making a Recycled Gravity Car

When I began to create my car, I tested out a few different ideas of what materials to use and how I would get each part to work together. I tested out bases of water bottles and boxes. When I came upon a decision, I used a recycled box for the base. To begin, I decorated the box with comic newspaper print. Then, I created holes in the side where the axles could go through. After having to make a decision between straws and skewers, I decided to use straws for the axles. Next, I put two CD discss together for each of the wheels. These are fastened in place with putty. After all four wheels were put in place, I placed extra putty for more support of the wheels. Then, I tested the vehicle to make sure everything was successful and working correctly. For more support, I steadied the box and put more support on the wheels so that they would be able to move the vehicle. This vehicle does not have an engine and cannot be accelerated by rubber bands. As a result of this process, my Recycled Gravity Car was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment